We're extremely proud to mark our 20 year anniversary this year with M&J being established in Greenock in 1999 by our late founder, Tom Rodger. Including the family's previous Timber Merchant business, Greenock Central Sawmills, it is 45 years in business proudly serving Greenock, Inverclyde and beyond.
02 November 2018 :
Our Managing Director, Mark Rodger, is growing a moustache this November to raise money for the Movember Foundation. They're the leading charity changing the face of men's health. They adress some of the biggest health issues faced by men: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
Any small donations would be appreciated #menshealth
25 October 2018 : JOB VACANCY : BRANCH MANAGER : GREENOCK
We are looking for an experienced Branch Manager or a current aspiring Branch Manager to join our team.
Would you like to be part of a business that has major growth plans? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where there are opportunities to develop your career? If the answer is YES, then this opportunity at M&J builders Merchants is the job for you.
In return we offer great benefits like:
- competitive salary and bonus package
- a contributory pension scheme
- a generous staff discount scheme
- a range of training and development programs
If you have the necessary drive, enthusiasm and experience for this role, then we want to hear from you!
BRANCH MANAGER: BUILDERS MERCHANT: GREENOCK:
- Managing your team well
- Developing branch sales and profits (P&L responsibility)
- Building relationships with existing customers and generating new customers
- Effective stock control
- Transport responsibilities
- Ensure branch conforms with Health and Safety best practices
- Undertaking and implementing quarterly stock takes
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient IT skills
- Any other duties required
- You will report directly to the Commercial Director and Managing Director
- The successful applicant will ideally have experience within a Builders Merchant environment
3rd May 2018: M&J Staff Charity Policy Introduced
M&J is committed to making a meaningful contribution to the communities where we work and live.
We’ve introduced a policy to allow M&J Builders Merchants staff to easily volunteer their time and skills during ‘Volunteer Days’ which are paid time off from normal day-to-day roles.
In addition to the benefit to the community, volunteering is a valuable opportunity for our team to apply and develop their skills and broaden their perspectives.
30th April 2018: Landscaping Brands
We have now widened our stock landscaping brands to include Bradstone, Marshalls, Stonemarket, Cemex and Tobermore.
M&J are also now holding 30mm stunning Artificial Grass in stock with over 300m2 at any given time.